Module ONE Assignments
[25 points]. Due: January 19th
- Read chapters 1-2
- Review chapters 1-2 PowerPoint Chapters 1-2.pptx
- Watch Dalton Sherman video answer reflection question
- Watch 7 secrets video write reflection paper
*Below are the assignment sheets for items 3 and 4. Please read them carefully and complete the assignments accordingly.
Note: Please combine ALL MODULE assignments into ONE-word document, with ONE title page and ONE works cited page for submission to Canvas.
Dalton Sherman Speech Evaluation Assignment
Dalton Sherman Keynote speech
Watch this 9 year old student, Dalton Sherman, grab the attention of 20,000 adults and hold them in the palm of his hand. His inspiring and insightful speech was written by Jon Dahlander, spokesperson for Dallas ISD, and was given in 2008 to the teachers and staff of the Dallas Texas
For the purposes of this assignment you will evaluate Dalton Sherman’s speech.
- The first thing you must do is connect with the material. What resonated with you?
- Discuss how you felt about the material
Then you must reflect on the delivery of the speech.
- What was the speaker’s body language like?
- How was their engagement with the audience?
- Did they use gestures? What was the speaker’s energy and enthusiasm level like?
Finally discuss the speaker’s conclusion.
- Did you feel a sense of closure when the speaker was finished speaking?
- Was the speech memorable and why?
Please make your writing clear and concise. Include as many examples from the speech as you can. The more of a personal connection you make to the material, the more points you will earn. Please make your reflection at one page (doubled spaced).
The 7 Secrets of the Greatest Speakers in History
By, Richard Greene
For this assignment you will watch the Ted Talk Video “The 7 Secrets of the Greatest Speakers in History”. This video is about becoming a better, and more effective communicator.
After watching the video in its entirety, write a two-page (double spaced) reflection on the video. Briefly summarize what you saw, then discuss how you felt about the material, and what you learned. Then connect some of the concepts the speaker discussed with what you have learned in chapters 1-2 of your textbook thus far.
Please make your thoughts clear and concise. A well written paper shall include a strong connection to the video. Please include several “I, Me and My” statements, along with your personal opinion or response to the film.