Start by reading and following these instructions:
- Quickly skim the questions or assignment below and the assignment rubric to help you focus.
- Read the required chapter(s) of the textbook and any additional recommended resources. Some answers may require you to do additional research on the Internet or in other reference sources. Choose your sources carefully.
- Consider the course discussions so far and any insights gained from it.
- Create your Assignment submission and be sure to cite your sources if needed, use APA style as required, and check your spelling.
Peplau and Orem
Create a PowerPoint presentation that addresses each of the following points/questions. Be sure to completely answer all the questions for each bullet point. Use clear headings that allow your professor to know which bullet you are addressing on the slides in your presentation. Support your content with at least three (3) outside sources and the textbook using APA citations throughout your presentation. Make sure to cite the sources using the APA writing style for the presentation. Include a slide for your references at the end. Follow best practices for PowerPoint presentations related to text size, color, images, effects, wordiness, and multimedia enhancements. Review the rubric criteria for this assignment.
This week you will create a two-part PowerPoint to discuss the following:
- Part one: Peplau was the first nursing theorist to identify the nurse–patient relationship as being central to all nursing care. Peplau valued knowledge, believing that the nurse must possess extensive knowledge about the potential problems that emerge during a nurse–patient interaction. Peplau’s theoretical work on the nurse–patient relationship continues to be essential to nursing practice.
- Describe the phases of the Nurse-Patient relationship as defined by Peplau. Align your presentation regarding the use of Peplau’s theory with a current nursing practice example.
- Part two: Provide a discussion of Orem’s Self-Care Deficit Theory. Identify and explain the three related parts? Identify a current nursing practice example where Orem’s theory would be relevant. Use at least one evidenced-based research article to support your practice example.