Write a 2-3 page article review in which you discuss the legal issues
brought against an employer and how the organization managed to recover
from the charges brought against it.
An organization’s public image is very important. The values and
missions of the company serve as a statement to the public regarding how
it seeks to operate. The company wants to avoid negative publicity
about employment-related legal issues, like discrimination or
harassment, because it can have a damaging effect on the organization’s
reputation. When this occurs, HR practitioners and managers need to
identify an effective recovery strategy as soon as possible. This is
important, because the company needs to limit any negative exposure, but
also to ensure that the organization is operating according to its
values and missions.
Conduct research using the Capella University Library, a trusted
Internet resource, or a business magazine or journal to find an article
on the topic of a company experiencing legal issues related to workplace
discrimination, unfair labor practices, or unethical behavior. This
source should also describe the organization’s approach in managing and
recovering from the charges brought against it.
Then, write a 2–3-page article review in which you discuss the following:
- Identify the legal issues and the charges brought against the company.
- Describe the organization’s approach to managing and recovering from the charges brought against it.
- Include your analysis of the organization’s approach to managing
and recovering from the charges. Identify whether you would or would not
have handled the recovery using the same strategy, and include a
- Written Communication: Written communication should be free of errors that detract from the overall message.
- APA Formatting: Resources and citations should be formatted according to current APA style and formatting guidelines.
- Font and Font Size: Times New Roman, 12 point, double-spaced. Use Microsoft Word to complete the assessment.
- Length: A minimum of two pages, excluding title page and reference page (150–300 words per question).
- Braun, S., Wesche, J. S., Frey, D., Weisweiler, S., & Peus, C. (2012). Effectiveness of mission statements in organizations – A review. Journal of Management and Organization, 18(4), 430–444.
- Sims, G. A. (2014). The specter of academic employment: The diversity statement. Diverse Issues in Higher Education, 31(4), 30.