Discussion Assignment: Specialization (Module 2)
33 unread replies.33 replies.
In at least 300 words and without spelling, grammar and writing style errors, comment on the following statement, which is attributed to Robert Heinlein: Once you make your initial posting, you will be able to see the postings of your classmates.
“A human being should be able to change a diaper, plan an invasion, butcher a hog, conn a ship, design a building, write a sonnet, balance accounts, build a wall, set a bone, comfort the dying, take orders, give orders, cooperate, act alone, solve equations, analyze new problems, pitch manure, program a computer, cook a tasty meal, fight efficiently, die gallantly. Specialization is for insects.”
Once you have submitted your response to the statements, reply to the posting of at least two of your classmates (100 words required for each).
- Post your initial response by Saturday, at midnight.
- Read a selection of your colleagues’ postings.
Respond by the following Tuesday, at midnight to at least two of your colleagues’ postings. In your responses, be sure to do the following:
- Address the content of each colleague’s analysis and evaluation of the topic and of the integration of the relevant resources.
- Link each colleague’s posting to other colleagues’ postings or to other course materials and concepts, where appropriate and relevant.
- Include proper APA-formatted citations.
- Do not posts blank initial posts.
The discussion board posts will be evaluated for the following criteria:
Quality: Contributions to the online class discussion are well written, proofread, and directly relevant to the discussion topic(s). (20 points)
Accuracy: All contributions are supported with evidence if required. Sharing personal experiences is essential to this course; however, applying and referencing the salient course readings, cases, and other literature is critical. (20 points)
Timeliness: Contributions are made within the assigned time period and with the required responses. (10 points).