For your Competency Discussion, select an organization that provides healthcare products or services (e.g., wellness, prevention, insurance, healthcare technology, pharmacy, consultancy telehealth) and search the company website for a link to a webpage describing these products or services. Next, consider why this webpage is a marketing effort to educate the public about the healthcare product or service. Then, reflect on why this webpage also is a marketing effort on behalf of organization. Finally, identify and think about other customers (patients, physicians, and/or payers) the organization’s main website addresses and how the healthcare products and services webpage offers value to the customer.
To begin this Competency and meet your required engagement, post in the Discussion area a brief description of the hospital website you selected and the wellness and prevention services it provides. Next, explain why the website featuring the wellness and prevention services is a marketing effort to educate the public about wellness and prevention as well as a marketing effort on behalf of the hospital. Finally, describe the other customers (patients, physicians, and/or payers) the hospital’s main website addresses and explain how the wellness and prevention webpage offers value to the customer.
FM001 Assessment Instructions
Review the details of your assessment including the rubric. You will have the ability to submit the assessment once you submit your required pre-assessments and engage with your Faculty Subject Matter Expert (SME) in a substantive way about the competency.
In this Assessment, you will identify the basic principles of marketing and their unique application in healthcare organizations.
To complete this Assessment:
- Download the Academic Writing Expectations Checklist to use as a guide when completing your Assessment. Responses that do not meet the expectations of scholarly writing will be returned without scoring. Properly formatted APA citations and references must be provided, where appropriate.
- Be sure to use scholarly academic resources as specified in the rubric. This means using Walden Library databases to obtain peer reviewed articles. Additionally, .gov (government expert sources) are a quality resource option. Note: Internet and .com sources do not meet this requirement. Contact your coach or SME for guidance on using Library Databases.
- Carefully review the rubric for the Assessment as part of your preparation to complete your Assessment work.
This Assessment requires submission of one (1) slide presentation with voice-over analysis. Save the file as FM001_firstinitial_lastname (for example, FM001_J_Smith).
Before submitting your Assessment, carefully review the rubric. This is the same rubric the assessor will use to evaluate your submission and it provides detailed criteria describing how to achieve or master the Competency. Many students find that understanding the requirements of the Assessment and the rubric criteria help them direct their focus and use their time most productively.
Access the following to complete this Assessment:
- Use the APA course paper template available here .
- Download the Writing Checklist to review prior to submitting your Assessment.
Consultative Review of a Healthcare Organization’s Market Position
For your Final Assessment, you will conduct a consultative review of a healthcare organization you select. In your review, you will assess the marketing position of the healthcare organization and recommend marketing strategies to address any issues you discover during your review.
Create a 10- to 15-slide presentation with voice-over analysis, speaker notes, and reference slides that:
- Describes the healthcare organization you selected and the market demographics of the populations the organization serves.
- Describes the critical products or services the organization offers.
- Describes the overall utilization of the marketing principles or strategy within the healthcare organization.
- Explains the current market strategies for the organization’s critical healthcare products and services including its social media focus, if any.
- Explains the organization’s current marketing plan as a component of its strategic plan including the similarities and differences between the plans.
- Explains the competitive landscape in which the organization operates its business and markets its products or services.
- Recommends a marketing strategy for challenges the organization may face as a result of recent events in relation to the unique and current political, economic, and diverse social climate in which the organization operates. Be sure to include the rationale for your recommendation.