CHAPTER 6 Discussion Board Assignment
Food for Thought …
Take a 10-30 minute walk every day and while you walk, SMILE. It is the ultimate antidepressant.
Sit in silence for at least 10 minutes each day and reflect.
Hi, students ~
Okay, our class session this week revisits theory in Chapter 5, but is tackling Chapter 6 — TEST TAKING/TEST ANXIETY.
Here we go…
ASSIGNMENT #1 — 4 questions to answer
After reading your text’s Chapter 6, the section “What to do During the Test” lists strategies for handling a lot of different types of test questions. After reading this section, please answer the following questions:
1. Imagine you are in a history class and you have a 100-question test coming up that the instructor will let you design. What types of questions (multiple choice, true/false, essay, etc.) and how many of each type would you include in your ideal test? (Make sure this adds up to 100.)
2. Why do you prefer tests to be structured this way?
3. On the flip side, what kind of test would you NEVER design for yourself to take? In other words, what types of questions and how many of each one would you hate to see on a 100-question test? (Make sure this adds up to 100.)
4. What is one strategy you could use from the book to help make the type of test you described in the previous question to be a little less intimidating?
ASSIGNMENT #2 — Watch the video and then answer the 3 questions
WATCH THIS VIDEO IN ITS ENTIRETY: Study Less Study Smart: A 6 minute summary of Marty Lobdell’s Lecture (college info geek)
For those that want to view the hour long Study Less Study Smart lecture, here is the link. It is well worth your time to watch and learn:
Dr. Marty Lobdell. Pierce University Washington. Study Less Study Smart (1 hour)
ANSWER THESE 3 QUESTIONS — “After” you listen & watch either the 6 minute video summary or else the 1 hr Dr. Marty Lobdell video, please answer these 3 questions:
1) What are 3 study success tips mentioned?
2) Which study methods (both effective and not effective) do you currently utilize that Dr. Lobdell advised to use?
3) Which study tips mentioned did you like and that you think you’ll start to incorporate?
ASSIGNMENT #3 & #4 — [ 4 short clips to watch & then 1 question to answer ]
VIDEO: Disclaimer: A few of the videos can be considered to have mature content (a profanity word)
I am going to conclude Chapter 6’s class session with four video clips (linked below).
Since test anxiety can be quite intense, I like to add some goofy humor to lighten up the cause. So watch these 2 clips with an open mind so you can relax a wee bit and hopefully help lessen text anxiety from here on out:
Well, I told you those two clips would be a bit goofy. So let’s view two more that are not as goofy, but still eclectic, all for the sake of calming down test anxiety: Watch them now:
1) Which clip of the 4 clips you just watched did you like the best, and why?