the discussion question :
It is harder than it looks to take abstract concepts and turn them into measurable variables. How we conceptualize and operationalize concepts affects how we measure and analyze them. It also affects whether we can compare results with other studies. This discussion will challenge you to engage in conceptualization, operationalization, and evaluating measurements in a survey. You will need to post before you can see your peers’ contributions. For your prompt POST (click the reply button below), pretend that you are constructing a well-written online survey on a sociological topic that interests you. Create five questions related to your topic and five demographic questions. Be sure to include a descriptive, but short title for your survey so that your peers know the focus of your study and instructions on how to complete the survey. See the video below for some tips on writing good questions! The answer :
prevalence of Gender Stereotyping in the Society Questionnaire
Good day! As part of our study regarding certain stereotypes in our society, especially gender stereotyping. The researchers would like to know the extent of it in our chosen sample of the population. Stereotyping is when we associate a common characteristic of people with a certain group, it is a generalized belief about a group or class. Gender stereotyping is an over generalization of attributed of a certain group based on their gender. Your participation will play a big role in this study as we will obtain information on how the society perceives these situations. Thank you!
Direction: Read the statements below to identify whether you relate to it and choose among the choices.
Strongly Agree Agree Neutral Disagree Strongly Disagree
1.Girls should play with dolls and boys should play with cars.
2.Women are natural nurtures and men are natural leaders
3.Men who are not assertive are unmanly
4.Women tend to be too emotional to take certain kinds of job
5.Transgenders are not considered part of the society.
1-What is your gender? _____________________
2-Please specify your age _______________
3-Where is your home located? _______________
4-What is the highest level of education you have completed? _____________
5-Are you currently employed? _________________
My classmates post for the discussion:
1- Aillin Vela :
Social Media affects the mental health of women
- How do social media platforms play a role in your everyday life?
- Do you compare yourself to people you follow?
- Do you think social media has set unrealistic expectations for you as a woman?
- Has a post on social media ever made you think less of yourself?
- Does the content on your timeline encourage you to be a better version of yourself?
- What is your age?
- What gender do you identify as?
- What is your marital status?
- What is your ethnicity?
- What is your current employment status
- 2- Betzabe Avila
- Survey topic: COVID-19 pandemic and its affect of mental health
Please answer the following questions:
1. What is your age
2. What is your gender
3. What City were you living in when the first initial quarantine began in March of 2020?
4. Where you enrolled as a student in March of 2020?
5. What was your employment status in March of 2020?
6. Did you feel fear and/or anxiety because of Covid?
7. From 0-10, 0 being no stress and 10 being very stressful, how much stress did adapting to changes from Covid cause you?
8. During quarantine, many found themselves more on social media and comparison to others lowered their confidence and self image. From 0-10, 0 being no change in your confidence and self image and 10 being very low confidence and self image, how did this time during Covid affect you?
9. Did you find yourself depressed or having more depressive episodes because of Covid?
10. Did you find yourself having less drive and motivation during or because of Covid?
For your peer REPLY (click the reply button in the author’s post),
pretend that you are a survey “reviewer”. For each question, specify
the level of measurement used (nominal, ordinal, interval, ratio).
Then, evaluate the survey for potential issues related to precision,
accuracy, validity, reliability, and/or ethics. Be sure to explain your
evaluation! Lastly, provide at least one suggestion for improvement in
the survey. write about 8-10 sentence paragraphs