Information Systems for Business and Beyond Questions:
- Chapter 9 – study questions 1-10, Exercise 3
- Describe the role of a systems analyst.
- What are some of the different roles for a computer engineer?
- What are the duties of a computer operator?
- What does the CIO do?
- Describe the job of a project manager.
- Explain the point of having two different career paths in information systems.
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of centralizing the IT function?
- What impact has information technology had on the way companies are organized?
- What are the five types of information-systems users?
- Why would an organization outsource?
How is the IT function organized in your school or place of employment? Create an organization chart showing how the IT organization fits into your overall organization. Comment on how centralized or decentralized the IT function is.
- Chapter 10 – study questions 1-10, Exercise 1
- What are the steps in the SDLC methodology?
- What is RAD software development?
- What makes the lean methodology unique?
- What are three differences between second-generation and third-generation languages?
- Why would an organization consider building its own software application if it is cheaper to buy one?
- What is responsive design?
- What is the relationship between HTML and CSS in website design?
- What is the difference between the pilot implementation methodology and the parallel implementation methodology?
- What is change management?
- What are the four different implementation methodologies?
Which software-development methodology would be best if an organization needed to develop a software tool for a small group of users in the marketing department? Why? Which implementation methodology should they use? Why?
- Information Technology and Organizational Learning Assignment:
- Chapter 7 – Review the section on dealing with multiple locations and outsourcing. Review figure 7.2 and note how virtual team communications further reiterates the importance of this model.
- Chapter 8 – Review the Siemens AG case study. Note the importance of understanding the interrelationships amongst all the senior leaders at every location. Pay special attention to Figure 8.1 and Figure 8.2. Note how the corporate CIO should engage with each of the regional leaders. Why is this important?