Module 1 – Case
STP, PRODUCT MANAGEMENT & SITUATION ANALYSIS
A Customer Focus
After you determine what you are selling, the next critical part of the marketing plan is to understand to whom you are selling. Knowing your customer is essential to ensure that the company is delivering an appropriate message to the target market. Marketing success is about turning sales leads into profits.
Not only should a company focus on servicing its current customer base, it must also seek out new customers.
This module’s case will focus on defining your product’s customer demographic and psychographic profile, along with customer relationship management (CRM) and customer satisfaction metrics. CRM is about managing current and prospective customers for strong and long customer relationships.
Using information from the websites and articles from the library’s full-text article databases (Academic Search Complete, Business Source Complete, and/or ProQuest Central), create a customer profile brief:
Customer Demographics and Psychographics—A review of current customer demographics—explain why this demographic profile is your primary target market.
- Develop a demographic profile of the potential customer segment.
- List at least two demographic tools you can use to help develop the demographic profile.
- Potential customer market demographics. Define the psychographic profile of your customer.
Customer Relationship Management—Find two CRM tools that help companies identify pertinent information about their customer segments.
- How will you use these tools to manage the customer relationship?
Since you are engaging in research, be sure to cite and reference the sources in APA format. The paper should be written in third person; this means words like “I”, “we”, and “you” are not appropriate. For more information see Differences Between First and Third Person.
Use the attached APA-formatted template (MKT501 Case1) to create your submission.
Your submission will include:
- Trident University International’s cover page
- A 4- to 5-page paper with APA citations (2- to 3-sentence introduction, body, 2- to 3-sentence conclusion)
- The reference list page in APA format