- Specifically, you are going to figure out what books, newspapers and magazines have in common in terms of their development into mass media.
- Conversely, you are also going to figure out what things are unique only to each branch in terms of their development into mass media.
- Finally, you are going to identify what things only two out of the three branches (books, newspapers and magazines) have in common in terms of their development into mass media.
This is a solo activity, but you will be checking in with your Resistance Group about your draft
1. Part #1 (and label it Part #1)–Post you answer to the following:
a. When did books become mass? (Give a decade. You do not need to explain this part. Simply give the decade. Same with b and c.)
b. When did newspapers become mass? (Give a decade.)
c. When did magazines become mass? (Give a decade.)
2. Part #2 (and label it Part #2)–Post your answer to what all three branches (books, newspapers and magazines) have in common in terms of their development into mass media, according to our textbook, my pdfs, my lectures, and our class discussions. I’ll get you started. As printed media, they all three have the printing press as part of the reason they were able to become mass. Be sure to explain each thing that you say all three branches of the media have in common.
3. Part #3 (and label it Part #3)–Now post what unique things made each of those three branches mass. To answer this, you need to think what applies only to that one branch of the media (such as just books). Use the resources in the book, video lectures, pdfs, etc. to answer this. For example, you would not include the printing press for this because that applies to all three branches. Nor would you include advertising because that applies to both magazines and newspapers (but not books). Be sure to explain each thing that you say is unique to each branch of the media.
Caution: This assessment is about the development of each media as a MASS medium available and “consumed” by the masses. Therefore, do not write about anything that is modern. For example, do not mention JOAs or espresso book machines or the internet.
Second work(100-250words):Your grandmother is visiting you and is curious about how climate change is killing the Great Barrier Reef. Watch the video below and write a paragraph explaining to your grandmother how the Great Barrier Reef is being affected.https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=W92XM6dqMJQ&feature=emb_logo