- Choose 1 (and only 1) question to answer.Please include the question above your answer.
- Answers should be in complete sentences, typed, double-spaces, and free of typos and misspellings.
- While you SHOULD use the materials listed in the assessment contract, answers should only be written in your own words and demonstrate an understanding of the materials.There should be NO DIRECT QUOTES, but summaries and paraphrasing of the material is always OK!
- Up to 5 points off for quotes, or no credit for that portion of your answer.
- In-text citations should be used for materials you have used.5 points off per essay without in-text citations
- Each resource on eLearning that you may use lists the in-text citation to use
- Please see “In-text citation tutorial” on eLearning
- Answers will undergo a plagiarism check via TurnItIn.Please check your originality report prior to the deadline to make sure you haven’t made a plagiarism mistake.
- I must have a signed copt of the assessment contract to grade essays
- “Discuss” is defined by Merriam-Webster as “to present in detail,”please remember that in answering the essay questions.
- Each question is worth 20 points.Most students lose points for not answering all parts of the question.
#1 Define (4 points – 2 points each) and discuss (6 points, 3 points each) experience-expectant and experience-dependent brain development.What is the role of plasticity in each of these processes? (2 points)Give at least 3 examples of experience expectant and 3 examples of experience-dependent growth. (6 points).Discuss what other evidence is discussed in the course materials (text/lecture/eLearning) that experiences affect brain development? (2 points)
#2 Discuss two of the benefits of breastfeeding, addressed in the course, for each the infant (4 points – 2 points each), the mother (4 points – 2 points each) and society (4 points – 2 points each).Discuss two barriers to breastfeeding (4 points – 2 points each).Of the barriers selected, discuss if each can be overcome if so, how and if not, why (4 points)
#3 Of the topics discussed in the “Health and Safety” portion of Chapter 5 and the video lectures, select 3 area to discuss.Discussions should include definition (1 point each – 3 points), major characteristics (2 points each, 6 points) and contributing factors (2 points each, 6 points) for EACH area.How can each area be supported to promote infant health? (1 point each – 3 points) How are the areas discussed related, or if no relation can be found, how are they different? (2 points)