- Choose 1 (and only 1) question to answer.Please include the question above your answer.
- Answers should be in complete sentences, typed, double-spaces, and free of typos and misspellings.
- While you SHOULD use the materials listed in the assessment contract, answers should only be written in your own words and demonstrate an understanding of the materials.There should be NO DIRECT QUOTES, but summaries and paraphrasing of the material is always OK!
- Up to 5 points off for quotes, or no credit for that portion of your answer.
- In-text citations should be used for materials you have used.5 points off per essay without in-text citations
- Each resource on eLearning that you may use lists the in-text citation to use
- Please see “In-text citation tutorial” on eLearning
- Answers will undergo a plagiarism check via TurnItIn.Please check your originality report prior to the deadline to make sure you haven’t made a plagiarism mistake.
- I must have a signed copt of the assessment contract to grade essays
- “Discuss” is defined by Merriam-Webster as “to present in detail,”please remember that in answering the essay questions.
- Each question is worth 20 points.Most students loose points for not answering all parts of the question.
- Define Theory of Mind (TOM) (2 points),Discuss the developmental progression that leads to the emergence of TOM, as well as the TOM skills that develop in infancy (6 points).Provide and discuss 3 examples from the course (text/lectures/elearning) that highlight various TOM abilities at different points in infant development (6 points, 2 points each).Finally discuss 3 differences factors that affect TOM development (6 points, 2 points each.)
- Define and discuss implicit and explicit memory as it applies to infant development.(4 points, 2 points each) Discuss the development of implicit memory in infancy (3 points) Discuss the development of explicit memory in infancy. (3 points) Define and discuss recall memory.(3 points) Discuss 3 research examples provided in the course (text/lecture/eLearning) that suggests that infants under two years of age do have recall memory. (6 points, 2 points each)
- Define intelligence. (2 points) What do the findings of twin studies, and adoption studies studies tell us about environmental and genetic influences on IQ? (2 points).What is the major difference between infant tests like the Bayley Scales and Information-Processing assessments?Answers should include a brief description of each type of IQ assessment (6 points, 3 points each), and a discussion least 2 differences between the assessments (6 points, 3 point each)Discuss what conclusions can be drawn about the stability of IQ over childhood for each of these kinds of assessments. (4 points, 2 points for each type of assessment)